With the inception of digitization, as the world leverages the availability, capacity and ever-changing capabilities of digital mediums and the internet, healthcare too, has not lagged behind. Telemedicine is a revolutionary concept that extends a remote platform for end-to end medical consultation with a systematic teleconsultation flow. In simpler terms, the goal is to make health workers accessible by bridging the physical gap, allowing patients, especially the elderly and chronic patients, toiling with health concerns to sit across a screen and consult physicians, for their timely care.
Components of effective Telemedicine:
Telemedicine is fundamentally the remote availability of healthcare professionals. An ideal telemedicine platform is a well integrated one that is inclusive of the patients’ clinical history to a post prescription analysis. Telemedicine is not just about engagement, rather the platform is expected to make complete use of AI and simplify the toolkit for both doctors and patients. Following are the components which fulfil a good telemedicine model criterion.
Pre-consultation constitutes the core of every consultation. To ensure that no clinical detail is missed out on, an elaborate pre-consultation must be conducted so as to gather a deep understanding of the existing concerns and symptoms to ease the work of the health professional. It is one of the most crucial steps of communication whose effectiveness is directly seen in patient outcomes.
- Provide clinical history: It is vital that medical history is shared with the doctor for a complete understanding of the patients’ past and prevailing health concerns to connect and understand the present illness.
- Medical records: Patient encloses medical records and reports for the doctor’s reference.
- Screen and triage: Keeping in mind patient’s condition and health grievances, patient should be triaged to the most suitable point of care.
During the remote interaction, the patients share their grievances to the consulting doctor with personal and additional details. The interaction includes a careful analysis of the patient by the professional health worker. An effective consultation session must include:
- A secure and compatible portal: Through a digital medium (tablet/ PC/ mobile) with an end-to-end encryption.
- Accessibility of records: Patients’ data and records must be available at the time of consultation for the doctor to further analyse and gauge the patient’s condition.
Platform must render an enhanced review in addition to the consultation session.
- Prescription Analysis: A thorough prescription audit can identify problems related to the medications such as drug - drug interactions and aid in managing the same. This becomes even more important for patients with comorbidity who are on multiple medications.
- Patient counselling: The patient should be counselled about the condition and the medications prescribed post the consultation for an effective treatment. It lays the foundation for continuous interaction and medication compliance.
Arintra: Your telemedicine solution
One such telemedicine platform which effectively fulfils the criteria is Arintra - a medical AI powered platform for point-of-care and remote consultations. It is an end-to-end integrated platform which takes care of all your telemedicine needs. From provisional diagnosis to lab recommendations, it provides it all. Moreover, keeping in mind the diversity of the languages in India, it integrates language preferences, facilitating consultation in local languages as well. A powerful platform, Arintra takes care of pre, post as well as on-going consultation with complete security and efficacy. It’s a one-stop service solution for any doctor willing to extend their services and patients looking to consult doctors in the current pandemic.